Legend says: “Serbian Despot Vuk Brankovic gave no small amount of money for the construction of the church and monastery. Having builders fled with the money, the thieves were killed in the aforesaid place. According to this, a place was called Privina head, that is. beat on the head". Today it is thought that the [...]
Beocin Monastery is one of the most visited monasteries on Fruska Gora Mountain. The monastery church owns the miraculous icon of the Mother of God and the relics of Bishop Barnabas Nastic, the youngest Serbian saints. The exact time of occurrence of fruskogorskog monastery has not been established, but is probably in the XVI century, [...]
According to tradition, the monastery Besenovo is founded by Serbian King Dragutin at the end of the XIII century. It is dedicated to St. Archangels Michael and Gabriel. When the monastery Vitovnica near Pozarevac was ravaged by the Turks, his monks with the most valuable liturgical objects went to Besenovo.
"White Mine" is a mining pit explored until 1937. Its granite – Kaolin stone, was commonly used for house building and tombstones, probably the construction of a nearby monastery Rakovac, as well. Hall is high 3-4 meters and wide entrance is couple of tens of meters high and deep. In many places, traces of stone [...]
Divsa Monastery is located on the southern slopes of the Fruska Gora Mountain. The monastery church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. According to legend, it’s built by despot Jovan Brankovic in the late XV century. The monastery was abandoned since the beginning of World War II until 1922. Just before World War II, it had [...]
It’s not known who built the monastery Grgeteg, but the legend says it’s founded by Despot Vuk Grgurevic (Fiery Dragon). It seems that the monastery was good standing because at the time of "purchase" by Turks, their vineyards, gardens, meadows and fields were very expensive.
It is located on the southern slope of Fruska Gora. It’s built in 1736 and has Church of Sv. Trinity. The monastery houses three lavishly decorated baroque throne decorated with icons from XVIII ct. The monastery was rebuilt several times, the last extensive architectural work carried out in the 90's and has new reconstructed driveway.
After the death of her husband, Angelina despot arrives in 1487 in Srem and starts building the nunnery in the village Krusedol (now the village church), and her son, Bishop, with the financial help of his cousin John Vlach duke Njagoj, raises friary Krusedol. Krusedol was created in early XVI century. Throughout the first half [...]
The monastery was not meant to have a quiet life. In XVI century it was burned (probably by the Turks), and immediately displaced. Since then, the monastery was abandoned, but in the end of XVII ct Patriarch Milutin allows Raca Monastery monks to settle in Little Remeta. At that time the monastery was in complete [...]
Manastir Novo Hopovo, sa crkvom sv. Nikole po svojoj arhitektonskoj vrednosti predstavlja najznačajniju sakralnu građevinu svoje epohe na ovim prostorima. Prvi pisani pomen manastira je iz 1451. godine. Sadašnja crkva podignuta je 1575-1576. godine. Hopovsko fresko-slikarstvo jedno je od najznačajnijih na balkanskom umetničkom području. Ikone na ikonostasu radio je najznačajniji srpski barokni slikar Teodor Kračun. [...]