Near Berkasovo, there is Church of Saint Paraskeva - St. Petka, situated in a beautiful bay on the move Asman, surrounded by trees and vineyards. Below the ground, on the east side of the church is beautiful spring, whose water is considered to have miraculous healing.
The first mention of the settlement of Vrdnik dates from 1315. In the Middle Ages Vrdnik had a fortress and a town. In the Hungarian and pontifical documents it is mentioned under the name of Castrellum Rendek or Rendek. The town was surrounded by town walls. Eighteen-meter tall defence tower in form of a horseshoe [...]