The first Serbian Reading Room was open on January 14th 1842 in Irig. Its work was interrupted during the First and Second World War. After the restoration in 1952, the Reading Room has gradually expanded its profession and enriched with new contents. Currently, there is around 35,000 titles in its fund, including books, magazines, the archival materials, local history collections, a collection of rare and old books and art collection.