After the death of her husband, Angelina despot arrives in 1487 in Srem and starts building the nunnery in the village Krusedol (now the village church), and her son, Bishop, with the financial help of his cousin John Vlach duke Njagoj, raises friary Krusedol. Krusedol was created in early XVI century. Throughout the first half of the XVIII century, the monastery was rebuilt. The monastery church Krushedol keeps the mortal remains of Count George Brankovic, the Patriarch IV Sakabent and Metropolitan John Georgijevica. Jovan Raskovic, Duke Stefan Tupljikac, Princess Ljubica (wife of Prince Milos Obrenovic), Metropolitan Petar Jovanovic and King Milan are buried there, as well.